View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #28
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Default Re: Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I think the first movie was pretty good, and would make for a fitting ending to the show... The other three were weak, and the new episodes are bad. A lot of people like them, and the actors/writers are still getting paid so that's cool, but I'm just ignoring the show now.

Honestly, if I said all the problems that I have with the new episodes it would take me an hour and be too long for anyone to want to read. So I'll give cliff notes that I can think of off the top of my head.

- Noticeable decline in writing. Many good writers went on to other shows.

- Change in animation. Much more CGI is utilized.

- Anachronisms in references. They are referencing things that are current, even though they are 1000 years ahead of us... Meaning they should've been referencing i-pads the whole time... Plus that it's illogical to reference stuff post-1999 because Fry wouldn't be around. That means the reference would be lost and break a rule of the show... Plus that insinuates if it's so important that it's worth referencing without Fry's knowledge that an i-pad is worth remembering in 1000 years.

- Terrible plots.

- Changes in characters, more slapstick, and broader humor.

- Relationship arcs that make no sense (Fry/Leela romance). Some episodes they're together, some they aren't.

There's just so much wrong with them now, even the voices are wrong because the actors aged 7/8 years between episodes... Most noticeable in Billy West characters, especially Fry.

i think that is just reaching because the whole first four seasons would have had the same problems, but i guess that is the point of forum... to have a good argument.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote