View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #29
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
i think that is just reaching because the whole first four seasons would have had the same problems, but i guess that is the point of forum... to have a good argument.

Well that's the thing. They would reference stuff that Fry was around for pre-freezing. That means Fry would either make the reference, or it was a character referencing something that he could understand, since he was the main character.

For example when they had Beck and the Beastie Boys on... They played Devil's Haircut (1996) and Intergalactic (1998), those are songs Fry knew. Olestra chips, Sanford and Son, Pac-Man, McDonald's coffee lawsuit, Fry knows these things.

A character referencing the Kardashians makes absolutely no sense because Fry would have no clue who they were, and that infers that they are important enough to remember and reference in everyday life in 3012.

Now I know I'm being a little anal about the rules of the show and the logic... But it just doesn't fly. They're relying on current pop culture rather than pop culture of Fry's time.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote