View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #14
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
It seems to always be the same pattern. Just like Darko last season... they show this video where they look great in Europe but it never translates.

Another thing is that people don't realize how unique Dirk is. They think that because there is a Dirk that there must be hundreds of him over there. Every 7 footer can be as good as Dirk.. just doesn't work that way. Bargnani does have an advantage though.. he has something Dirk has never had in his career.. an excellent post player. If Dirk had that he would look even more incredible than he already does.

If you put a player like Dirk with a post presence you create the same kind of dynamic as a Kobe and Shaq or Wade and Shaq or Nash and Amare.. inside out. Though it's even better because you have 2 bigs. It's more difficult for the opposing bigmen to defend them.
the biggest mistake people make, is that they say he'll be the next dirk, or he'll be another darko, or tsikivili, all because the have a common point of being 7 footers with outside skills, the point i'd make is that there is a happy medium, which is where I think he'll end up, the guy who said 17, and 7 may not be that far off, could be better, or worse,who knows none of these guys have played a single game in the league yet, but the comparisons to darko, and tsikivili are unfair in this sense, neither of these guys were contributors to their teams in europe, hell they hardly even played, so they were much more of a gamble, whereas andrea was the best player in the playoffs for his team, and led them to the championship, to me that's a huge difference, and one of the main reason's i'm so comfortable with the pick
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote