Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
I don't understand why there is such negativity in this thread. This dunk contest was way better than last year and more bearable to watch than watching Griffin win for jumping over the hood of a car.
Paul George - Tron: 360 windmill.
Paul George - Windmill after putting a sticker on the backboard
Derrick Williams - 360 dunk off the side of the backboard
Jeremy Evans - Catching 2 balls and dunking them both
Chase Budinger - Reverse while blind-folded.
If this is not creative and entertaining, then I don't know what is.
1. I couldn't see George's imitation of VC
2. Paul took seemingly a dozen attempts and multiple stickers to complete that slam (though I agree the highlight will look nice sans misses)
3. Nice Dunk, wish it was first attempt
4. Nice Dunk, wish it was first attempt
5. Could clearly see out the bottom on 2nd attempt, if not through. Cheapened by weird fan counting and Kenny Smith
I don't think it's a coincidence that the two nicest dunks of the night were those not involving gimmicks. And while last year's contest ended on a low note (Griffin over the Kia), I thought the body of work surpassed this contest's by light years. DeRozan, McGree, Ibaka, and yes, even Blake Griffin all had at least two notably great dunks.
More than anything else, making the contest about everything except
the dunk is what damned it all for me.