View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
So this past week I've been rummaging through the ultra geeky visual novel Katawa Shoujo.

http://www.destructoid.com/disabled-...w-218974.phtml

The ostracized visual novel about dating disabled girls spawned out of 4chan (wow that sounds awful), which was just released a month ago after a 4+ year development period. Because of my innately geeky nature, boredom and curiosity because of it's substantial news coverage, I decided to give the title a spin. I've never played one of these visual novels before and was quite reserved coming into it, only to find that the stories are quite sophisticated and the music is pretty solid.

I liked it. If you like games such as Phoenix Wright and/or Anime you should check it out, it's totally free.

Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi

The Katawa Shoujo demo that came out a while ago was the first VN I ever played, I remember being pleasantly surprised by the quality. After that I read Saya no Uta and Yume Miru Kusuri, and that's about all the VN's I've read. Those two are really good though, if you're interested in another VN you should give those 2 a shot. I think Saya no Uta only took 3-4 hours to finish completely.

Currently I'm working through Lost Odyssey. I remember seeing a friend playing it years ago and thought it looked interesting, never did get it though. Finally picked it up in gamestop a few months ago, and started playing it a couple weeks ago. Really liking it so far, has a really good story.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote