03-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Re: Assassin's creed 3
Some facts about the game
- Game has been in development for three years. Possibly after the completion of Assassin's Creed II.
- A completely new ancestor of Desmond Miles.
- The name of the game’s new protagonist will be Connor (as he calls himself), although his birth name is Ratohnhake:ton. He is half English, half Native American, and is described as more of a hunter/ predatory Assassin than the likes of Ezio or Altair. He is described as a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than acting based on personal revenge. The American Revolution setting means that the supporting cast includes the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. Connor’s interaction with Washington is one of the core relationships in the game.
Assassin’s Creed III will be set between 1753 and 1783, in and around the cities of Boston and New York. Locations like Bunker Hill, Valley Forge and Saratoga are mentioned. New York especially ties in with Desmond’s location at the conclusion of Revelations. There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16 this time around. In addition, the economic system of the game has been reformed.
- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…
- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.
- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.
- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.
- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.
- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%.
- Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.
- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.
- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.
- Den Defense will not return.
- Release date slated for October 30th, 2012
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are considered spin off games, BUT is canon for the universe. Ubisoft only numbers an Assassin's Creed game when there is a new ancestor AND time period.