View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #21
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ESPN: Official Peyton Manning Will Not Return to Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Just feels weird to be awoken to the reality of the NFL for the majority of fanbases. Basically the entire coaching staff replaced, new front office, new #1 pick rookie QB. Even it is Luck with his absolute floor basically being "above average," it's never a given. Rookie GM, rookie HC. The fanbase LOVED to complain about "you only got one Super Bowl with Peyton Friggin Manning!" and that certainly has some validity, but it feels like it's going to be a big time grass is always greener scenario.

Just going to be really surreal seeing him in a different uniform. Probably won't really hit me until I see him in someone else's training camp.

This whole process, even leading up to all the hype about where he's going to end up, is going to be surreal. Since I was 11 when Peyton was a rookie so 98% of my memories as a Colts fan are with him under center. I vaguely remember the Jim Harbaugh years, especially the '95 AFC Championship Game. I'm already cautiously excited about the Andrew Luck era but not sure how to feel about Manning being with another team next season.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote