View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My seeds from 1 through 13 (if I were the committee)

- Leaving Kansas as a 1 seed for now. Duke would have to win the ACC tournament to have a chance to get a top seed. It might be enough for OSU or MSU to get to the finals of the Big 10 tournament to get a 1 seed, but I believe if either of them win it, they're replacing Kansas and jumping over Duke.

- California losing in the semis of the Pac-12 tournament to Colorado definitely doesn't help their cause, but as you see, I had them in as the last 11 seed. I had 4 at large teams behind them. I don't necessarily believe the loss drops them behind those four teams AND one other at large team.

- Tournament games help solidify my view of teams especially with the eye test. I've seen enough now of the MW teams playing each other to feel UNLV probably deserves a 6 (maybe 7, but teams in that area are all so close) seed while New Mexico would be a 6 seed also. Sand Diego St could move up to a 5 with a win over NM. Really hard to judge the teams in this league as far as a pecking order.

- I wonder if Michigan has a shot at a 2 seed if they beat OSU and MSU in consecutive days. Same can be said for Baylor if they follow up beating Kansas with a win against Missouri.

- Cincy gets well off the 8/9 zone if they win the Big East tournament. I think Louisville is firmly planted as a 4 seed though.

- I agree with you IL. The winners of the 8/9 games that have to play Kentucky, Syracuse or North Carolina are doomed. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote