View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: KU will choke again early in March Madness this year...

Then those same people are as dumb as you. Apparently you have no idea how tough it is for a coach and his team to win five games in a row to just make the championship game, never mind six in a row to win a championship. Yes, Mario Chalmers hit a clutch shot in the end to win the game but, had Chalmers missed, it wouldn't have been a "choke-job" if Kansas had lost to Memphis.

Bill Self's tournament track-record isn't the best. Since he's been at Kansas he's had some higher seeded teams get upset. But it's also unfair to completely ignore that, on several occasions, those teams overachieved in the regular season based on preseason expectations. This season might have been Self's best coaching job yet.

I'm defending Self and Kansas but, since they appear to be the biggest threat to UNC before the Final Four, I can honestly say I will be rooting for and hoping that there's another mid-major or lower seeded team that has an upset in them when they face Kansas in the first three rounds.

Last edited by KG215 : 03-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote