View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #230
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
This is very true. The Warrios have traditionally been a running team. It was especially true in the 90's. But now they have a team built for half-court, low post play. David Lee is a very good passer. But Bogut is a legitimate facilitator and a guy whose greatest quality is the ability to have the offense go thru him. Curry is one of the best shooters I've ever seen and Klay Thompson looks the same. If they can get a playmaker at the 3 that will make them very dangerous.

I would offer David Lee and a 1st round pick to Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala. Don't know if Philly would take that, but that's better for Golden State. Yea, David Lee and Andrew Bogut sound great together, and Lee is a very good passer, but you need a playmaker at the 3 and I can't really think of any other options.

Hells to the naw. I wouldn't. Warriors needs a player like Lee, who can score in the post and grab rebounds, much more than a player like Iggy. He's a good perimeter defender and play maker, which would help, but Lee is more invaluable to the team.

Also Curry is a pretty good point guard. Has good IQ, good ball handler, good passer, good court vision....with Monta gone, Curry can run the offense more. He can easily be a 20/8 player. Anyways playing him at the 2 can't work. He's undersized plus if he did who plays point? Nate? Yeah reverting to the undersized back court problem they had before the trade but smaller isn't progress.

And Klay is also a pretty good ball handler, a decent slasher and on occasion, he has shown he has the ability to play make. But that's not really his forte and playing to your strengths will bring the best results which is why he plays more off the ball. But he can put it on the ground if he needs to.

Curry/Thompson back court can and will work. Warriors just need to focus on Curry and Bogut's recovery.
Cali Syndicate is online now   Reply With Quote