Default Re: Official 2012 ISH NFL Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Posterize has notified me of his pick

The Philadelphia Eagles select:
Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

will write up later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxk88nb4zhQ

Read a report that Jeff Fisher really likes Brockers should Blackmon not be available, meaning he could go as high as #6. I've read comparisons to Nick Fairley. Fletcher Cox was higher on my board (he was picked 1 pick ahead to Dallas, ironically he seems kinda like Ratliff) yet Brockers may be a better fit for Philly. Here's why...

Quote:
Brockers has a massive frame and likely has the ability to fluctuate his weight to play a number of different roles depending on the scheme. Working from the inside, he is very good to work off double teams and demands them consistently. He excels against the run and could shore up the middle of a defense from the second he walks onto a field in camp. He has thick, powerful legs and out-leveraged nearly every linemen he faced in the SEC. Brockers has very long arms that he uses to play extended and work off his block towards the ball. He uses his instincts well from this position to sniff out plays and has the uncanny ability to diagnose screens and draw plays.

Being able to draw double teams would let Cole/Babin/Jenkins run more freely. Also, he's a bigger body to place in a spaced out wide-9 defensive line and can clog up a bigger hole.

Also, he's already got the Philly sunni.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote