View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Bynum-A real piece of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Hold on to your socks. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Bynum's elevated view of himself in the Laker's hierarchy. His people think the Kobe days are over and want Bynum highlighted as the face of the franchise and go to guy. Bynum will be demanding a trade if the front office doesn't start treating him the way he feels he should be treated.

This goes to Jimmy Buss interview where he heaped all the praise on Kobe and his being a Laker for life and how the front office will make sure of that. When asked about roster changes he said even Bynum isn't untouchable and that has Bynum and his people up in arms.

In the past if you look at my posts, I was, and still am a huge Bynum supporter, when he remains a professional. For crying out loud I didn't even want him gone for Dwight, even if it was straight up. So don't think I am anti Bynum.

It is important to realize that as long as Kobe is healthy, and athletic, he will continue to be the face of this franchise. But Bynum should be patient, because after this season, or the next, this could be his team. If he is going to be the leader of this team, he has to do so both, vocally and by example. Meaning if he is benched by coach, dont respond. If you don't respond, and you say the right things to the media, you will win the argument, and management will therefore instruct coach on how to deal with Bynum their way, not coach's way.

Bynum is still immature, there is no doubt about that. He's a kid thats making millions of dollars. Would you also want a kid to be the so called leader? or would you rather him wait a couple of years?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote