View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Caught My First Dunk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Exactly, I feel I always have to slow down a bit when going for the 2 foot takeoff. One thing I found strange was I can dunk off 1 foot but only with my left hand. I tried it two days ago and surprisingly I dunked it, but with the left. I dont mind being able to dunk with my left but I rather be able to dunk with my right because I would have more control of the ball being that its my dominant hand. Im trying to make the transition from 2 foot to 1 foot and I feel I can do it because I used to be able to get very high off 1.
I don't think that's highly unusual either. I have a left-handed friend who can only dunk with his right hand (while jumping off his left foot). Alas, since it's his off-hand, I can count his in-game dunks on one hand due to his general inability to control the ball in game situations. I'm thinking the off-hand dunking might have to do with one leg being stronger than the other.

Anyway, it's definitely possible to switch to the one-foot finish. It takes time, but it'll come. I'd practice with and without a ball, as flying without the rock seemed to allow me to concentrate on the dunking form and how to maximize my jump and how far I could take off from.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote