View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #1760
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The show is turning into a god damn soap opera that pathetically and transparently strives to please everyone and attract all types of viewers while sacrificing all the little touches that made these books great. Watching GOT is turning into something that I just gotta do, **** Benioff and Weiss with their compromises and stupid personal interpretations.

I don't fault HBO for their interpretation. This is a colossal work to condense into a series and they have to keep the drama level up to entertain the viewer. I kinda like the tweaks so far. It would be tedious to watch a strict interpretation of the books.

I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books but I suppose it's the same for True Blood. I assume the producers throw a morsel from the books out every now and then for the diehard fans like they do in GOT.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote