Thread: Off-season
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Off-season

Quote:
Utah general manager Kevin O’Connor brought some calm-eyed clarity to the doomsday draft scenario. He told The Salt Lake Tribune if the Jazz end up without a first-round pick once the draft order is established, that doesn’t guarantee Utah won’t have a lottery selection when names are called out June 28 in Newark, N.J.

The Jazz will have a variety of options to move into the early first round if there’s a player they desire. And everything from Utah’s expiring contracts and package trades to renewed negotiations with the Timberwolves and Warriors could come into play.

"There’s a thousand things to do," O’Connor said.

One thing he can do is talk. U hope the expiring contracts of Harris and Jefferson are put to use but I got a feeling they'll be looking to give those two extentions if anything just like the horrible Okur extention.

I do think if there is a pg they like they should do what it takes to get him in the draft. They needed to start developing someone there this year alongside the other youngsters as far as I'm concerned. It can't wait til next years draft even if it means sacrificing future picks that won't mean so much with the talent they already have going forward. Marshall would appear to be their most likely target and he could be had later in the first round according to the mocks.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote