View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: harrison barnes next paul pierce or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Somebody had thrown Danny Granger out there which seems pretty realistic. Has the extra size like Granger. Comparible athletically. Both really good shooters. Both limited with what they can do with the ball.

I hadn't thought of this comparison but it may actually be the best one I've seen so far in terms of Barnes' ceiling. Granger isn't an overly physical 6'8" SF. He's more of a combo SG-SF due to not being overly physical or aggressive like Barnes. Granger is a very good NBA player so having a similar career wouldn't be a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

In terms of athletic ability and playing style I do think Barnes and Pierce have quite a bit in common. Neither are overly athletic but aren't duds athletically either. But, at this point in his young career, I haven't seen anything from Barnes that leads me to believe he's even 1/10th as aggressive or competitive as Paul Pierce.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote