2007 PBA Mock Draft
1.Joe Devance (Welcoat Dragons)
- Height: 6-7 DOB: 1983, Last year he could have been the top overall pick if he already complete all the major requirements in his citizenship case. The 6-7 Devance is a former PBL Most Valuable Player Devance is averaging 15.5 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game in his last PBL Stint in 2005-06 Seasons. I think Welcoat in order to booster their frontline will select Devance in this years draft.
2.Rob Reyes (Coke traded to SMB)
- Robert Reyes 6-6 Harbour Centre / Jacksonville. If Reyes made it to the deadline, they would have selected Reyes 1st first overall. SMB is in love with Reyes' game - no-nonsense, great rebounder, loves the dirty work inside and has full of energy, something their current big men lacks.
3.Marvin Cruz (Alaska Aces)
– Alaska is in need of a young PG that will complement Mike Cortez, we might see the 2nd coming of the Flying an in Marvin Cruz who is probably the best PG in the Amateur now. He is now one of the corner stone of the RP Harbour Team which won the 2007 SEABA Championship. In his last UAAP Stint Cruz average, 16.8 Points, 7.9 rebs, 0.2 Blks and 1.8 steals.
4.JC Intal (Air 21)
- JC Intal 6-4 Harbour Centre / Ateneo. Intal is a high-flyer and made fame after defeating Nino Canaleta in a dunkoff in the PBL All-Stars. Intal has made tremendous progress from a bit player in the Ateneo roster to the team's main man. JC Intal will be much of a reliever to wingmen Gardy David
2006 UAAP STATS
17.9 Pts, 7.4 rebs, 4.8 assists in 32 Minutes of action
5.Jonas Villanueva (SLR)
- Jonas Villanueva 6-0 Magnolia / Far Eastern University. Villanueva has the size and the skills to be an excellent pro. He showed his capability in the current UAAP season heading the Tamaraws' charge with only Chan and a bunch of newcomers. I think that with the departure of Alex Cabagnot and Kenneth Duremdes , I think the management realize that by picking Jonas Villanueva would be a suitable replacement for Alex Cabagnot.
6.Jason Castro ( Air 21)-
the 2007 PBL MVP one of the best combo guard in the NCAA and PBL would be an excellent pick for the young and upcoming Air 21 Express. With Winnie Arboleda on the backcourt this will be an excellent run and gun team.
7.Ken Bono ( Alaska)
the 2006 UAAP Most Valuable player and 1st team Mythical member Ken Bono 6-6 Montana / Adamson. Bono is undeniably, the UAAP's top big man currently. He has great shooting touch that reminds you of Jun Limpot but has the size and the body to bang against anybody. He also reminded me of a young Eric Menk in his PBL Days.
8.Jeff Chan 6-3 ( Alaska)
Magnolia /Far Eastern University. Chan is the second coming of Allan Caidic with deadly penetration skills and athleticism that is fit for the pros, and perfect for the triangle. Cone will love him.
9.Yousef Aljamal (Ginebra )
( from SMB) Yousef Aljamal 6-4 Rain or Shine / San Beda. Aljamal was a different player in the NCAA. He was shooting from everywhere, rebounding with gusto, and played with such great confidence that scouts was looking at him as the best player in the NCAA. Aljamal will be a decent big men and is very coachable. He will be a decent replacement of Hatfield.
10.Douglas Kramer (Red bull),
it is obvious that the Redbull management will select this 6-4 forward from Ateneo. With half of the lineup coming from Katipunan, I think this will be a reunion of some sort.
11.Ryan Arana -
a great slasher and a scorer this DLSU Greenarchers will probably one of these years steal of the draft. He shows that he can score as he pumps a career best 38 points against the weary Vietnam National Team. He reminds me alot of Rodney Santos not only of the chin but the style of playing.
12.JR Quinahan (Purefoods)
- JR Quinahan 6-6 Granny Goose / University of the Visayas. Big man with nifty shooting and shotblocking will give the Chunkee Giants an interior presence underneath. And hey, he's starting to look like Shawn Daniels.
13.Kelvin Dela Pena-
Kelvin de la Pena 6-0 Granny Goose / Mapua. Kelvin proved in the NCAA's and in the last PBL Cup that he's ripe for the pros. He has the size and the composure to play at 1. He has great tenacity and a winning attitude. Reminds you of Jeffrey Cariaso. Cone will be thrilled to have him.
– a 6-2 scorer from Adamson University another player who can shoots from the outside. He reminded me of a young Boy Cabahug and Al Solis.
- 6-10 Rain or Shine / University of Mindanao. He was the BIG Ticket Eman is a project but has the best upside among all players in this list.. I think a great coach and a great system will help him to be able to improve his basketball skills.
he could have been included in the 1st round of the PBA draft but with the over flowing of the talent in this years draft. He could have been an easy 1st round pick in 2005 or 2007. Anyway the team that will pick him will be lucky enough the 6-2 Mark Borboran is a complete player and a decent defensive specialist.
- another player who should have been included in the 1st round of these years 2007 Annual Draft. But like I said in my post about Mark Borboran we have a talent influx this year. Bonbon has his best year in the UAAP averaging 16.4 Points in 12 games. He is also a valuable asset to his team in the PBL.
18. Edwin Asoro
– the NU Bulldogs top scorer will be a great addition to the team that will select hi. He is averaging 15.6 Points in his last UAAP Season. His Body is pro material; remind me of a younger version of Nelson Asaytono in terms of physical strength in the low post.
19. Jonathan Fernandez
– 1/2 of the Dynamic NU Duo who is probably the pure scorer among this years draft with 15 PPG. Fernandez will be a great addition to any teams here in the PBA.
20. Nestor David-
a 6-3 forward from the UP Fighting Maroons. He averages 11.8 Points, 7.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists. In his UAAP tenure and is a Mythical 2nds team member in the PBL.
See the Nestor David Move