View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The blame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Thats the thing with me though that I don't get. It's like some Knicks fans cant be pro Lin (or any other pg) and pro Melo. Melo seemed to work just fine with Chauncey. I think nobody ever takes in account that Melo is shooting a lot because of the lack of talent on our roster? I mean seriously, Mike Bibby, Toney Douglas and Baron Davis have all started at pg for our Knicks LOL I know Melo needs to not try and be the hero but c'mon. Let's not act like there isn't reason to think he needs to be.

My only issue with getting Nash is, it's another stop gap solution. Nash is rare in that he keeps himself in ridiculously good shape. However, he still is old as dust. If we get Nash, sure it'll probably make us better but for how long. We'll be right back to looking for a pg in 2 or 3 years. Maybe sooner.

Let's get a guy who we can trust and develop!
Melo shoots a lot because that's how he scores a lot. He's never been a particularly efficient player, and I don't see why he ever would be.

The Knicks aren't in build for the future mode, the Knicks are in contend right now mode. If we get two or three solid years out of Nash, as good as he is, that's gravy. And I wouldn't put it past him.

And there's nothing to stop us from getting Nash and a young prospect (unless there's a money issue). Who better to learn from? Lin himself would do great coming off the bench behind Nash - although I don't know if that's possible.