View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: Alexey Shved nice ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat_Sagdyev

He's a very talented player, but he's not even close to the best guard in Europe.

Navarro
Spanoulis
Diamantidis
McCalebb
Teodosic
Huertas
Domercant
Langford
Hairston
Popovic
Carroll
Cook
Alfred-Lucas
Lakovic
Planinic
Prigioni
Eidson
Ukic
Vasileiadis
Zisis
Rakocevic
Kaukenas
Aradori
Jasikevicius
Kalnietis
Becirovic
Halperin
Fridzon
De Colo

Right now those guards in Europe are all better than Shved is. I am probably forgetting several others. Guys like Llull, Greer, Seibutis, Z. Dragic, Sloukas, Gordon, Sada, Jackson, Simon, Nicholas, Siskauskas, Calathes, and Beverley are about in the same level as Shved. Shved has great potential, but not way in hell is he the best guard in Europe.

Shved is probably, I would say, the #2 young potential shooting guard in Europe right now, behind Pappas. That's his appeal. How good he is at his age and his potential.

But best current guard in Europe? No freaking way in hell. He has the potential to certainly be one of the best, but not even close as of right now. With that being said, he's not nearly as talented as guys like Navarro and Spanoulis, and I don't think even as much as Teodosic and Diamantidis. He can become a really top European guard, but not in that ultra tier of players. His potential range upside is more something like Rudy Fernandez level.

His game suits the NBA, but he's not a good fit next to Rubio.

Last edited by Euroleague : 05-17-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote