View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
It's been an incredibly frustrating year for me as a fan.... This game
was a perfect example.... We start playing really well, hustling for
loose balls, then we relax and expect the other team to give up or
something?????

Mitch, we need some players with heart!!!!! Not just big and talented...

Unfortunately, this has always been the lakers, during the Phil Jackson Era, during the Shaq Kobe era, and even now. You'd think after years of experience in losing these types of games that they'd suddenly figure it out. This is why high school coaches preach the importance of playing in all 48 minutes of a game.

I was eating after yesterdays game, and I saw a man's shirt which read "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard". Nothing more true than that statement. That is why back in the day, I would easily grow frustrated with guys like Odom. A whole bunch of talent, and not much to show for it, because he came in out of shape in 6 out of the 7 years he was a laker. After the Kobe era, I hope the next leader, whether it is Bynum or another star, can make an example of the game by hustling on every possession. We would have lost big yesterday if it wasn't for the hustle of Artest and Jordan Hill.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote