View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: David Falk says 2012 is a one-player Draft

I'm not nearly as high on Davis as some. I have a hard time labeling him as a "sure thing" or "can't miss" like some people. I do think he is a very good prospect worthy of the #1 pick this year. I see his ceiling as KG-lite. Prime and peak KG was a 22-24 ppg, 13-14 rpg, 5-6 apg, 1.5 bpg, and 1.5 spg player. I've seen enough of Davis to think he can be a stat sheet stuffer, but not on that level. I don't even know if Garnett is the best comparison but it's all I've got right now. Davis isn't as tall as McGee and, despite his considerable length, I don't think he's as long either. And while Davis is a good athlete, from what I've seen of McGee he seems to be a more explosive leaper. Of course I think Davis will be better in the NBA than McGee, but I don't really see that comparison in terms of playing style. Now, production wise, maybe. I mean I do think Davis will average 2+ bpg during his prime and I can see him winning a DPOY award or two, but "m not sure he'll ever average 22-24+ ppg which guys like Hakeem, KG, Ewing, and Webber did in their prime.

At the end of the day, I can still see him peaking as a 20-12-3.5 apg-2.5 bpg which would be a phenomenal career with multiple all-star appearances and flirting with the HOF if he has some playoff success as the #1 or #2 option.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote