View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Evaluation on SG Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I like Lamb a lot, he is an amazing shooter. That alone should at least guarantee him a roster spot. I haven't really seen much of him outside of the NCAA tournament but he seems to be a capable point guard as well (capable, not good). I'm not sure what his exact measurements are, but I always thought he looked a little on the short side too.

From what I saw, he's not that impressively explosive and isn't the best finisher around the hoop, so I would think he would be a late first/very early second, but teams need shooters like him so he'll get a lot of burn... I think he'll end up being a steal and a good role player but not a star by any means.

I agree with this completely. I like Lamb, but a ton will depend on his situation, which is true of everyone, but particularly with guys with specific sets of skills.
If he wound up on a team with a legit post threat, or a ball dominant wing player, he could be a real asset as an off ball PG. He'd be ideal in the triangle if anyone was still really running it. On a team like Miami with ball dominant wings who could use him to spot up. I could see him as an old Chauncey Billups style kind of a guy. Good in the grind it out half court sets, but not someone you want in the middle of your break or someone you want having to break people down off the dribble against the shotclock.

BJ Armstrong, Trent Tucker, Craig Hodges, The Paxsons, Steve Kerr ... all those guys played PG technically, and they have a few things in common, they can all really shoot and they all played opposite a big time post presence in the triangle. I don't think Lamb is that level of shooter, but I do think he's got a few more PG skills and is a better defender than most of them. (Young Trent Tucker is actually a pretty good comp I think).
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote