View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: College Player Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The bolded guys are almost certainly going to be gone. I could see Rivers falling if he has bad measurements though. But I don't think he's really a shooting guard. He's more of an undersized combo to me.

I'd LOVE for Lamb to get to us, Hit 46% of his threes last year on 4 attempts! Insanely good.

I haven't seen much of Fournier he's the guy from France right? I know ESPN says he's more of a small forward because of his lack of shooting.

I haven't seen any of Buford either.

But as a big Memphis fan, I can tell you Barton is a pretty big project. He's got the heart and desire but he's 6'4 and weighs maybe 175. Terrific rebounder and midrange shooter though. Not a three point shooter though.

John Jenkins fades a bit in the clutch, not as much as his teammate Taylor but still.

And if we lose Asik(which we won't because we can match any team's offer) I'd really love for us to get Andrew Nicholson, hell I'd love to pick him up regardless!

I agree with you about the guys in bold, but I'm hoping that somehow the Bulls find a way to move up in the draft to give themselves the chance to get one of these guys. Bulls could package both our first round pick and second round pick along with Ronnie Brewer to move up. I think Lamb, Ross, and Beal will all go before Rivers. I'd love for us to get either of the top three with Ross being my #1 choice because I feel he is the most complete but I'd be happy with Rivers.
Austin may be a bit undersized, but I feel he is the best playmaker and ball handler out of the bunch. He can be our combo guard which I feel we need.
I could see him becoming a Jason Terry/Leandro Barbosa type of player if he works on playing under control and playing smart.

And yeah Fournier is the guy out of France. Some obvious weaknesses in his game but is said to be an excellent scorer which we could use and maybe he'll fall because he's somewhat of an unknown but may be full of potential and possibly turn into a Ginobli type of a player.

I'd be happy with either one of the guys on the list though. Feel like Thibs and the rest of the staff will do a good job developing even though they may not get a lot of playing time. Even though I think Thibs will spread out playing time better starting next season. I think the coaching staff and the organization will go the best player available route though.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote