View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation
Default Re: Evaluation on SG Prospects

As a udub alum, I watch a lot of Husky games despite not living in Seattle anymore. TRoss is a streaky shooter, but has good form and excellent lift on his shot, making him a great catch and shoot player. And when I say streaky, I don't necessarily mean he was cold and hot. Just passive and aggressive, which has been the "knock" on him during his time at udub. As someone mentioned, a lot of this has to do with the fact he played with Wroten, a low-IQ, ball dominant PG who was supposed to be the second coming of Magic (exaggeration), but ended up being a scoring PG.

But Ross had countless games where he'd score like 2 points in the 1st half, then explode for 20+ in the 2nd. He'd be great with a pass first PG as he can catch and shoot from anywhere on the floor, and he has really impressive athleticism. People mention it when talking about him, but it's never really emphasized. I'm trying to be objective when I say he's one of the most athletic players in the draft, at least in terms of explosion. Lots of lobs in college. Became a much more aggressive defender with his size, although he's just average in length/wingspan.

Like OP said, his biggest weakness is probably his unadvanced ball handling. I didn't really see him turn the ball over much, as he was smart never to try to do something beyond his abilities, but he is mostly a dribble or two then shoot kind of SG, if not catching and shooting.

If the Lakers were lucky enough to have him fall to their spot, he'd be a pretty nice asset with immediate playing time potential, off the bench. I'm thinking when they start reviewing measurables and such, however, his stock will jump. Not too many 6'7" shooting guards with a nice stroke and explosiveness.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote