View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #34
sunsfan1357
Word.

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i've never been heavier than 155 at about 5"10 so calorie intake is not much of a worry, especially because in the summer im just naturally active. and thanks, i figured as much, knew where protein powder came from but i'm totally new to actually trying to figure out a truly healthy diet. i tend to just eat cheap which lends itself to a healthy diet regardless... just not a balanced diet. lol

another question: i'm looking for some high protein and cheap foods for my bike trip, stuff that doesn't require any heat as i won't be doing any cooking. so far my eyes are on lots of beans and i might try to suck up my age-old hatred of tuna fish and give it a shot... any other suggestions? and also general foodie tips for an extended 5-6 day trip with loads of energy being spent daily?
You a fan of tofu? Relatively high protein content. Get it cubed and it might go nicely with whatever beans you carry.

Quote:
30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 2-3 miles depending upon what I felt like doing. At first I would run at 5 for 30, then upgrade to 6 for 30, 7 for 30, 8 for 30 then walk or powerwalk at 3 or 4 for 1 minute, then start the cycle over again, then at the 25 minute mark I would sprint at 10 for 30 seconds, I can now do 10 for 60 seconds. Then i would slow down the walk to 0 until 30 minutes. Usually that would equal 2.0 to 2.4 miles.

Damn there's no way I can run 30 minutes straight. By the end of my last week though I was able to push out 15 minutes, might've been able to get more but my shins started to hurt like hell so I walked for a couple minutes and started up again.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 05-24-2012 at 11:54 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote