View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i've never been heavier than 155 at about 5"10 so calorie intake is not much of a worry, especially because in the summer im just naturally active. and thanks, i figured as much, knew where protein powder came from but i'm totally new to actually trying to figure out a truly healthy diet. i tend to just eat cheap which lends itself to a healthy diet regardless... just not a balanced diet. lol

another question: i'm looking for some high protein and cheap foods for my bike trip, stuff that doesn't require any heat as i won't be doing any cooking. so far my eyes are on lots of beans and i might try to suck up my age-old hatred of tuna fish and give it a shot... any other suggestions? and also general foodie tips for an extended 5-6 day trip with loads of energy being spent daily?
You a fan of tofu? Relatively high protein content. Get it cubed and it might go nicely with whatever beans you carry.

Quote:
30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 2-3 miles depending upon what I felt like doing. At first I would run at 5 for 30, then upgrade to 6 for 30, 7 for 30, 8 for 30 then walk or powerwalk at 3 or 4 for 1 minute, then start the cycle over again, then at the 25 minute mark I would sprint at 10 for 30 seconds, I can now do 10 for 60 seconds. Then i would slow down the walk to 0 until 30 minutes. Usually that would equal 2.0 to 2.4 miles.

Damn there's no way I can run 30 minutes straight. By the end of my last week though I was able to push out 15 minutes, might've been able to get more but my shins started to hurt like hell so I walked for a couple minutes and started up again.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 05-24-2012 at 10:54 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote