View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I've never pre-ordered. Does it really require an additional fee? I thought it was just five dollars down toward the total price?

Then again, I suppose you'd be right if you're talking about the folks who don't pre-order but still want the All-Star Weekend DLC. In that case, I can see a charge coming alongside. I'm at least hoping it works on a first-come, first-serve basis, so I can choose not to pre-order and still receive an ASW code if I pick it up the first day.

Also, if I had to guess, I'm betting the original, outdoor street Slam Dunk contest was removed from 2K so it could be re-tooled and turned into something NBA legitimate. I suppose we'll have to wait for more information in order to discover what they changed and how they changed it, but creating an indoor, official All-Star Weekend setup is a big step up from the streetball thing.

To answer your question, it's $5 towards the price. Those who don't preorder will have to pay more for the DLC later after 2K decides to release it which makes me think that it won't be online compatible.

But the price or the fact that you have to preorder isn't the issue. It's a matter of principle. We aren't talking something extra and brand new that's being introduced like a weapons pack DLC or an extra mission or something. All-Star Weekend is an annual, official NBA event. It's like paying for the inclusion of the draft in 2K.

They could have just fixed the Blacktop stuff and called it All-Star weekend. But they're reselling us something that we've already had and that is supposed to already be in the game. Also, I have a feeling that it'll be a stand-alone mode like the Legends Showcase for 2K12. In addition, there's no talk of this being for Vita or PC (figures, they don't give 2 shits about PC gamers).

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad : 05-30-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote