View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Let's talk about Thomas Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Robinson is 6'9 with a 7'1" wingspan, for a PF that's more than average so he's not going to be limited by size.

People give him a lot of flack for being "unrefined" and a "hustle player". Pure hustle players don't dominate even at the college level like guys like Robinson has. He shows up in the big games as well which is something that guys like Barnes is clearly incapable of.

His skillset isn't comprised of elite post play but it's hell of a lot of better than guys like Drummond (who's going to be a total bust by the way, people who call him a defensive presence have no idea what they're talking about and are solely basing that on his size and athleticism). Thomas has a somewhat decent jump shot and apparently he's been working on his extending his range to the 3.

Robinson is a man, he knows how to work the ball in the post and he's not great, but he's solid. He's got a solid foundation which will make it a lot easier to build upon through coaching unlike a guy like Drummond or Davis who either have no moves whatsoever, don't have the physical body of Robinson to post up down low, or just look straight up uncomfortable. He's also a terrific rebounder and gives it all every time.

I'm trying to think of a comparison and I'd say maybe a taller Paul Millsap? Which is still pretty good and definitely worth a top 5 pick, particularly in this draft.

I agree with most of this. I think in the right situation, he's got a big upside, that I'm curious what you particular would think of. If he gets in the right situation with a premium PG, he's got a lot of the face up blow by game of Amare. He's incredibly physical, and a great athlete, and he's not afraid to use it. Remember it took Amare a few years to refine that elbow J that made his face up game take off, and Robinson has some foundation for that.

I really like him. I wouldn't take him ahead of Gilchrist, but for me he's a lock top 3 - 5 guy.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote