View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: College Player Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Kevin Murphy, G/F, Tennessee Tech

Murphy was one of the best scorers in college basketball this season (he put up 50 points against SIU Edwardsville this season), and he showed in New Jersey he can get his own when the level of competition increases. That was a major concern for NBA scouts after Murphy struggled against top competition during the college season.

Murphy wasn't the most explosive player in New Jersey, but he is quick, has a sophisticated midrange game, can shoot the long ball, and has shown that he can create his own shot in a variety of ways.

"He's such a natural scorer and can get the ball in the basket a variety of ways," one GM said. "He reminds me a little of Kevin Martin. I think he'd be in the mix in the late first."

Semi-rival school, so I saw the guy play a few times in person. Guy is legit. But I don't know if I'd draft him in the first round.

I pulled up some videos of Kevin Murphy after reading you mention him here and he does look like a pretty good player.

I've seen a couple of mocks have us picking Orlando Johnson a SG from UC Santa Barbara which i know nothing about.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote