Thread: Max Payne 3
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Max Payne 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Terrific game, very real and disturbing. Maybe the most mature game I have ever played, just a joy from start to finish. More fun then the previous Max Payne titles but NOT as polished. There are things that bugged me about it: the story seemed short and too simplistic. Yes they added twists in there but they were somewhat predictable. They didn't do a great job at characterizing the villains very well and those cut scenes kind of made me dizzy at times.

I beat the game (my first time, on Normal) in less then 7 hours. That disappointed me the most, because the previous Max Payne titles had a pretty long intriguing story. This one didn't live up to the hype but the mechanics are maybe the best I've seen from a 3rd person shooter. Just a beautifully crafted game, I hope they keep utilizing those machanics for future rockstar games, hopefully GTA.

I'd give it a solid 8.5/10!
Long story (more diversified environments), better characterization, A LOT more guns would have made this game one of the very best. But it's still very good. Possibly on the same tier as Uncharted 3 for the best looking title and arguably the best shooting mechanics in any game to date.

Rockstar always pioneers something...

I think Max Payne 2 was shorter. Personally I think this one is the best.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote