View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: Evaluation on SG Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Well here's the thing about Jenkins IMO (I'm by no means an NBA scout so this is just my opinion lol)

Yeah, like D.Lamb, he's a terrific 3 point shooter. But shooting and moving using screens is literally all he can do, so in that regard he'll be greatly influenced by the team's style that he gets drafted by. Also like Lamb, he's not a great finisher inside but at least Lamb has somewhat of a quicker slash move whereas Jenkins is pretty slow and can't do that. Jenkins is also overall less athletic and though I'm normally someone who thinks athleticism gets overrated, Jenkins is really slow laterally at even a college level, so that's really going to hurt him in the NBA. But like Lamb, his shooting should definitely find him a spot.

bysde82 - Yeah, Wroten was pretty ball dominant, he was basically another SG out there but he didn't perform well enough at all to justify the usage amount he was getting.

you are wrong about Lamb, he finishes very well in traffic and especially on the break. Tony Parker-esque (although not as good, obviously, but you get what I'm saying)

he also did a good job backing up Teague at the point.

My only concern with him on the next level is his slow release.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote