View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default How do you think Pietrus fit in?

Mickael Pietrus is not easily discouraged. On a team of positive thinkers, Pietrus proved to be one of the more optimistic Celtics this season. Soon after the Celtics were eliminated from the Eastern Conference finals Saturday night, Pietrus was talking about going for a title next year.

“Our goal was to make it to the Finals,’’ Pietrus said after the Celtics’ 101-88 loss to the Heat in Game 7. “It was going to be hard but, at the same time, we had a great group. We worked hard throughout the entire series.

“You have to be proud of that jersey you wear every night for the Celtics. We tried to make history. It didn’t happen tonight. Sometimes you’re going to make a run, sometimes you’re not going to make a run. It was a great series.’’

Asked about next season, Pietrus, an unrestricted free agent, replied, “Hopefully, everybody will be back. Next year, we look forward to work even harder and try to get that 18th [NBA championship]. My goal is to win a championship. I’m only 30. I want it to happen with the Boston Celtics."

-- Boston Globe
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote