View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Ps3 or X box 360?

I had a 360 since 2008, but recently sold it so i can buy a PS3. Here are my reasons for jumping to PS3:

1. Perfect time to jump on to PS3 and subscribe to Playstation Plus (PS3's version of XBL Gold except you only need it if you want more than online play).

If you sign up for PS+ this month you get these games for free to play as long as you are subscribed to PS+ :

Virtua Fighter 5 – June 5th
inFAMOUS 2 – June 5th
Little Big Planet 2 – June 5th
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – June 5th
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – June 5th
Just Cause 2 – June 5th
Saints Row 2 – June 5th

As you can see, some of these are big PS3 titles one would buy anyway. And every month expect to see the selection rotate to different games to download.

Some complain that they aren't really free since you can only play them as long as you have PS+. I don't understand the logic in that complaint as you are saving a lot of money being able to try out all these different games as long as you have the HDD space and a PS+. I was paying $50 for XBL Gold simply to play online. Never did they add anything to the service that made me feel like i wasn't overpaying.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – June 5th
Hard Corp: Uprising – June 5th
Choplifter HD – June 5th
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone – June 5th
Sideway NY

2. I've never played a PS3 game online yet, but as a 360 user i always heard/assumed that the 360 has superior online. Lets assume this is true; that its online is more active. Well i start to feel really cheated when i have to pay to play online yet my subscription doesn't make the game stable online. It can still be laggy and full of hacks/glitches despite your awesome connection. So what am i paying for? The opportunity to test what games suck online? I love Gears of War and will miss it a lot, but it can get really ridiculous when the game is dominated by lag, glitches, or mods. If have to pay $50 a year to play online, Microsoft needs to enforce certain standards for developers to meet before allowing their game to go online.

With PS3, i can at least take some comfort in knowing that if a game sucks online, i didn't pay anything extra for the experience. Assuming you don't buy PS+, but that is a feature for wanting more than just online play. Seems like a fair deal to me.

3. Game variety: For me, i feel like my choices were very limited on the 360. I don't like FPS at all, yet it seems those are the biggest games that people care about anymore. I would play NBA 2K, WWE games, and Gears; outside of that i couldn't find a lot of games that interested me...on 360. Games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, GTA, etc, they're all on the PS3 as well. Not to mention PS3 seems to a lot more variety with their exclusives. For years i've been wanting to play Infamous, but it was a PS3 exclusive.

Most of the popular games on 360 are also on PS3, with the exception of your Halos and Gears. Not a Halo fan, but love Gears; unfortunately one game isn't going to be good enough to keep me from feeling like video games suck due to lack of variety. Seems like 360 is the one lacking most when it comes to variety.

4. PS3 gives you access to download loads of PS1 classics. So if you aren't satisfied with the new games, you can go back in time and download old ones.

I know this was a long post. but i recently went through the same ordeal trying to figure out if i really wanted to make that jump since most of my buddies are only on 360. But PS3 either shares 360 games that i like to play (Sports) or has more variety in their exclusives to give me something to play.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote