View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's talk about Thomas Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
There is one rookie in NBA history to average Blake Griffin's numbers and his name was Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Griffin was on Sports Illustrated top 10 rookies of all time ranking. You REALLY need to cut out the stupid bullshit like this.

Griffin is the only modern PF (after guys like Hayes etc who dominated early NBA decades) to start off his first two years in the NBA with the averages he's put up. Since when did it become subpar to put up 21/11/3? That's still elite PF numbers. If Robinson EVER averages 20/10 for even a single season and a couple borderline 20/10 seasons he will be a massive success. So please don't act like Griffin is a dime a dozen because history says otherwise.

If a player with a superb work ethic like Griffin who isn't refined or doesn't have a great game yet can put up 21/11/3 the rest of the league is in deep shit. If he refines his game and adds to it.. it's over for the rest of the league.

Listen, wise guy, I didn't say anything about Griffin's stats being subpar, reading comprehension isn't necessarily your strong suit I see. I even acknowledged Griffin could/would likely put up better numbers.

I said zero things about Blake Griffin's work ethic, him putting up subpar numbers, him being a dime a dozen, etc. I simply said he has no skills, are you trying to deny that? Or are you trying to tell me that Blake Griffin DOES currently have post moves, a jumper, can shoot free throws, etc, etc.

I'm not blasting Griffin's numbers, his impact, etc. 20/10 is clearly not scrub numbers. I'm blasting his lack of a refined game/skillset and speaking to the fact that a lot of his numbers come off his aggressiveness and heart, which in his own right is incredibly commendable. So please do stop whining about your beloved Clippers because I even give a disclaimer about it being "solely on paper as prospects" and don't speak in terms of exaggerated ultimatums that Robinson is going to average 20/10.

So unless you're going to tell me why Robinson isn't a good PROSPECT (which I also noted is a maybe considering the fact that prospects don't translate as believed to the pros) in comparisons to the likes of Griffin in terms of what they bring/have in their skillset, stop complaining.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote