View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Thomas Robinson Predraft Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Well, if he did end up with Washington. I do think they would hope he's capable of consistently hitting 15-18 foot jumpshots after setting a pick or screen or even if he's left wide open near the top of the key. With the acquistions of Nene & Okafor to go with the inconsistent shooting backcourt of Wall & Crawford they will be looking for any sort of semblance of "spacing" on the floor.

********* tells me the 2 other guys working out were Al'Lonzo Coleman from Presbyterian & Kevin Thompson from Morgan State. Never heard of the first one but I've seen Thompson play multiple times at Morgan State and he's most likely going to be a D-League level player or overseas. He rarely took any shots outside of 5 feet in college but was very good in the post. Bozeman had him set up on the low block on every possession and their offense worked inside-out with Thompson either using his strength to power his way to lay it in or passing it back out for them to swing the ball around and jack up a 3 pointer.

Running pick-and-pops is one thing. Throwing up long jumpers on fast breaks can have an unnatural feel, especially for a big man. I would be willing to bet if the workout was in the halfcourt and consisted of him popping out on a screen, setting his feet and shooting, he would have had a much better percentage made.

Looked like more of a conditioning drill than a shooting drill to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote