View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Maniak
Warm Winds

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

From what I've been seeing in high level play...

TvZ has changed the most recently due to the queen change that has rendered hellion openings less than effective. Terrans are afraid to move them up as zergs have begun doing builds opening with 4-6 queens, optimizing creep spread. This has repopularized 1/1/1 banshee a bit. This match up has become cheesier on the terran end.

PvZ is the biggest matchup right now due to these races being the strongest...it generally comes down to lategame compositions where the zerg has mostly air based units (corruptors/brood lords) and a nice number of infestors. the protoss will have a deathball of collosi, archon, stalker, sometime a bit of sentry, some times a bit of zealot, high templar, and mothership. it often comes down to the mothership's vortex on the zerg air units to deal massive splash damage using high templars and archons. zergs are making good use of the neural parasite ability, taking away the protoss' collosi and mothership during engagements to give them an edge in battle.

TvP I haven't seen much of but generally the terran is going mass m/m/m with vikings while the protoss will go deathball generally without archons until a bit later in the game. the terran will add on ghosts eventually.

mirror match-ups i don't know that much. ZvZ has become less ling/bling/roach and more towards later game play. PvP is also a bit more late game and is quite mechanical. TvT I haven't watched barely any lately but is still most of the same marine/tank/medivac battles....

Something popular for zerg is a style most recently popularized by Symbol and Dimaga. Using overlord drops with lots of ling/bling and harass all over the map. This is generally a vP build, and it's a very swarmy style that leads to extremely exciting play.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote