View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Rumor: Hawks want Gasol for Josh Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
I disagree on some of this. Yes he's getting older but Pau was moved to 3rd option. He was moved to a position on the floor away from where's he's spent his entire career playing. This happened because Bynum can't play anywhere but the low post. Pau can player higher and outside in and he's smart enough to do it well. The fact his numbers this year barely dropped off from his numbers for the previous years is actually pretty cool when you consider all this. It's a lot harder battling for position when the system has you starting out 10 feet from the basket that's a lot of real estate for a guy who's not real beefy to cover. It took it's toll on Pau no doubt but I think with a full camp and time to actually institute some tweaks that keeps Pau moving off ball more this could work for the Lakers. Speed up the game and life will be easier for both Pau and Kobe.

Phil fixed this twin towers problem by pulling Bynum early in the rotation so Pau could move to center and that worked but now you can't justify Bynum playing 28 minutes a game at his salary and age if he's healthy enough to do it so something new was installed. I think you're making maybe to harsh a critic based on a season where nothing was the norm. You want the same old Pau but it wasn't the same old anything. Coach, system schedule, practice, days off, roster and on and on.

Nobody on the team looked great or comfortable this past season, nobody performed up to past performances and that's to be expected under all the circumstances that are well documented.
i agree, but you can't waste time with chemistry issues when our star has only two our three years left. gasol is uncomfortable being a third option, whereas i think Smith would benefit from not having to take on a scoring role. the lakers benefited in 09 by having Odom at the pf spot which spaced the floor for Gasol. i don't feel like the current duo of gasol and bynum can beat the thunder, plus if we reach the finals Smith would be the only guy who could defend Lebron. no way in hell artest can do it. with Smith as the third option i feel like he can get 15 to 18 on garbage points and just being unnoticed because the defense won't be guarding him. plus, we won't be giving Gasol to a contender.

having a younger team will definitely help la and makes us miles better defensively. possibly the best defensive front court.

Last edited by Remix : 06-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote