View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
TheTruth11
High school junior varsity star

TheTruth11 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Jabari Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Actually Parker reminds me of a taller Mitch Richmond.

I've been thinking of a guy who he best resembles and its "Rock".

Jabari looks to be a guy who looks to be so strong and crafty when he gets to the basket that he can finish in all sorts of ways. From his highlight video you see him getting to the basket at times and he's able lower his head and finish at the rim with both hands without even dunking it every time.

That was the same with Mitch Richmond. Both play at a certain smooth pace that you'd almost forget how athletic they are in open space. Both have such good footwork that they can change direction so quicky off the dribble its tough to guard them. Then both can post up, face up and nail the jumper.

But they resemble each other the most with their jumpshot.

Look at how quick of a trigger Jabari has on that.

Mitch's release was top notch too with a quick trigger either pulling up in transition or spotting up for 3.

Im kinda not ruling out Washington this time around.

A lot of family connections and Washington has a great reputation for putting guys in the NBA.

I can see the Mitch comparison but taller. Good call. I can also see Paul Pierce but slightly more athletic more attack minded and with better handles. But I still tend to go back to Melo because they are both light of foot, about the same athletically in terms of speed and leaping ability, both have great range, both are crafty, but with Jabari possibly having better handles.

But the wildcard in all of this is what happens if he continues to grow. Multiple reports say that Doctors have told him he is not done growing. If that turns out to be true then I lean more toward a KD comparison.

Good call also on pointing out the trigger finger. Jabari has no conscience. He must be guarded as soon as crosses the half court line.

As for him picking Washington, that would not entirely surprise me. Not likely from what I have heard but certainly possible.

TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote