View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: J.R. Smith decline option

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Haha.....I remember you bashing Matt Barnes when the Lakers were pursuing him.....I don't remember how you were with MWP but I don't think you wanted him either for chemistry reasons.
I'm saying that we already have a terrible coach that the players don't respect from a coaching standpoint, and now you add the most volatile player possible to the mix, you add his girlfriend and sister to cause incidents in the stands at Staples Center, throwing blows with Jack??? Have them around the Lakers wives.....chemistry H-Bomb.
Sign him........fine, but long term......that is a Turrible idea. It's smarter to see how things work out over 1 to 2 years....not get stuck.
The girlfriend scares me, I wouldn't do her if she paid me big bucks

Yeah I wasn't too sold on Barnes as a player, but when he came, I was happy because I felt he brought more to the lakers than someone like Raja Bell, who was the first option to pursue at that time.

With Ron Artest, I mentioned he was my favorite player. I model my game after his. I just felt that Ariza's "roaming defense" and his pressure on the other team's offense was special, irreplaceable, unique, and was the reason we won the championship so easily against the magic.

But when we beat the celtics, it was hard to not want Ron after he single handedly kept us in throughout the game.

When I was thinking signing J.R., my idea of long term was 3 years. Is that too long?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote