View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP has decent reputationLBJMVP has decent reputation
Default Re: Zeller to Cleveland for 24th, 33rd,34th

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
regarding the character issues, grant said that they did more background research on waiters than on any prospect before.

yeah i looked into that, but it seems most of that was from his freshman year...

that is why waiters said "he came in a boy and left a man."

"A number of NBA scouts who I really respect have been telling me for more than a month that the real sleeper in this draft is Syracuse sophomore Dion Waiters," wrote ESPN.com's Chad Ford, who predicts Waiters will be taken with the eighth pick. "One GM went even further. 'There are really only two potential superstars in this draft. One is a sure thing freshman Anthony Davis. The other one is Waiters. He can be an electric scorer in the NBA. There's some Dwyane Wade in him.'

interesting quote right there... i know cleveland scouted tristan thomson extensively.

also....

"I'm not a bad kid. And I can play defense," NBA.com quoted Waiters as saying. "A lot of people judge me, but they don't know me. I'm a good kid. I've never been in trouble. I've never been arrested. I don't hang around bad people. I was immature when I came to school. I was overwhelmed. But I put in the work to get better.

"Coach and I didn't bump heads all season. I'm very coachable. I just needed a little room to grow. I came to Syracuse a boy. I left as a man."
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote