View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Inside the Cavaliers's Draft War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
For right now, I'm on board with Grant as GM. In his last four picks, he has drafted the NBA Rookie of the Year - Point Guard, a slashing 2 guard who can run, a 4 Man with high energy, and a 7 footer who was the ACC player of the Year AND who ran with the highest scoring team in college basketball. Alonzo Gee at Small Forward is an absolutely sick athlete, but that position will remain wide open until LBJ returns.

Grant got rid of BDiddy and has created 23 million dollars in cap space and at the same time at least provided direction. He's doing a good job.
Get in the real world, my friend. Absolute silliness.

As for Grant, we'll see. A lot of his success has been in large part due to Gilbert's willingness to spend whatever it takes to improve the team. A lot of GMs would thrive in that environment. I'm not going to give him many kudos for picking Kyrie, as it was an obvious choice regardless of what people around here were saying at the time. I'm definitely good with the Zeller move.

At the end of the day, Grant's legacy thus far will come down to his two No. 4 picks... Tristan and Dion. How those guys pan out will decide whether or not he is the long-term GM of this franchise.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 06-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote