Thread: Beal vs Waiters
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
KyrieTheFuture
College star

Default Re: Beal vs Waiters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The only thing that bothers me about the above statement is that I vividly remember underclassmen starting for him in the past, so I have to wonder if there wasn't something else with Waiters that led him to come off the bench as opposed to starting... And I'm not talking anything about his on-court talent.

Being totally forthcoming, I am a bit worried about him in the locker room and off the court. Butting heads with coaches at Syracuse isn't exactly the ideal kind of player that you want at No. 4. Literally all of my current concerns are off the court, though, because I've seen enough of him on it to warrant this pick being made.

The good news is that he will learn under the strictness of Byron Scott. That can go one of two ways... Either very good or very bad. The other good thing is the team that surrounds him. It isn't like he is going to Sacramento where there are concerns with the mental makeup of the players...

In Cleveland, he is going to be sharing the spotlight with Kyrie, Tristan, Varejao, Zeller and Gee... All extremely high character players.

Maybe being in a culture like that is exactly what Dion needs? I hope so...

Btw, Chad Ford gave us an A- for our draft. Pretty favorable analysis...

It wouldn't matter how good he was, Scoop was starting no matter what and Triche was a better pure shooter he just fit in a little better with the starting unit. Also, Waiters was perfectly fine this year in terms of character issues and he's well aware of his needed maturity at the next level. I wish we had more of a veteran guard to reel him in sometimes if he ever gets out of hand. But Byron Scott is a good guard's coach so we'll see. I have a good feeling about the pick.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote