View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #32
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation
Default Re: BC on the fan this AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
But then on the other hand i'd secretly be happy to see him in a Raptors jersey, even though i'd know that logically it's not the right move.

That's exactly how I feel.

Bringing on a 38-year-old for massive money is precisely the last thing the Raptors should be doing, but... it's Nash. It'd be great to have him play for the Canadian NBA team before he retires, he'll be awesome to watch and he could have a big positive impact on the development of DeRozan, Valanciunas, Ross, Davis, and maybe even players who'd previously seemed like lost causes who'd never reach their potential like Bayless and Bargnani.

I've never thought the Raptors could make the playoffs next year, but Nash is the one realistic move they could make that might change that. (Not that they should be looking to get into the playoffs, but they could get there. with him.)

I would have thought that Calderon still had some trade value, and it would be sad to see him go (he's one of my favorite Raptors ever), but obviously even a 38-year-old Nash is vastly superior to him and worth clearing room for.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote