View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #35
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: BC on the fan this AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse
Fair enough, and although players are under contract to a team they are traded to, they might not actually report to the team (Zo), or lack any kind of motivation.

My main argument with a complete build through the draft would be that it is completely hit or miss. The cats went to extreme measures to tank, and ended up with a tier 2 talent from this draft class. You need to luck out on so many things such as the lottery, the draft class, who's on the board when you're on the clock, if the player will develop in your system, if they will every reach their potential. Add to that the fact that if you are a losing culture, there's a chance that talent does not choose to resign.

I'd love nothing more than to see the raps draft the next KD, my 2nd favorite team behind the raps is okc. But what they did and how all the pieces came together has much more to do with luck, and is not as easy as "let's tank to get a high pick, then trade away players for more picks."

The raps need an established leader. There is voice to our team.

your plan = spinning on the mediocrity treadmill.

charlotte is doing an excellent job of building. you can't see it yet because they are only finished year 2.

You don't need kd to build through the draft.
Look at portland. Sure Brandon roy and Oden had injuries, but that could just as easily happen to a fa. In fact I am willing to bet my left nut that steve nash will miss significant time over the life of his next contract due to his aging back.

Anyway Portland did it right. It didn't work out long term but they are doing it right again.

Now they have Lillard, Wes Mathews, Batum, Aldridge and Leonard to build around. That is a solid core. 4 players acquired through the draft and one SMART high value low cost fa acquisition.

There are GM's out there that can do a proper job. It is time to part ways with BC. I think he should get another chance with another franchise, but he hasn't done the job here as evidenced by the current state of the franchise.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote