View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: BC on the fan this AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
YES. I would rather lose for years on end and just get lottery picks that lead to nothing (our situation now) than pretend to be a good team like the Hawks.
That right there is the pretty obvious divide among the forum right now. There's those who are willing to wait another 10 years or more for a contender by building solely through the draft, and then there's those (like myself) who would much prefer an action plan to make it happen faster than that rather than to suffer like the Clippers did to get where they're at. By an action plan, I don't mean give Nash 10 Mill/year and have him carry us into the last playoff spot in the East. But I do mean if the opportunity presents itself to trade some of our young pieces for an established all-star wing player in his prime we take it. That guy alone won't carry us to the championship, but it'd be a legit building block rather than a total crap shoot. As i've said before, very few teams have managed to successfully build themselves that way. Maybe they luck into one superstar talent via the draft and then build around that guy. But getting a bunch of 3rd tier young guys like we have isn't gonna get you anywhere. You have to spend money and take risks to win a championship.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote