View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #41
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
If you think his fanbase in Phoenix is huge, then what do you think his Canadian fanbase will be like? There's literally only one Canadian NBA team, and there's only one prominent NBA player. Most of the Canadian fans I know root for Toronto mildly, but they cheer for Steve Nash maniacally. And that's including people in Montreal, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.

You make my point for me. They already cheer for him in Canada. It doesn't matter what uniform he wears. Almost every time Nash's name gets brought up so does the fact that he's from Canada. If he signs with Toronto I don't think his fan base up there will be any bigger.

Of course we all see why Toronto wants to sign him and they don't mind offering him a big contract. It's a no brainer they will make money off of that deal. That's besides the point. He has the opportunity to play somewhere that he has the chance to win. I don't think he should turn that down.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote