Thread: Point Guard?!?!
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Point Guard?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Hes better than Lin in my opinion. If not better, just as good. Hes cheaper n hes a better defender also. Makes a lot of sense to me. You give up a guy with a crazy backloaded contract n instead of losing him for nothing, you get a tough young pg with a reasonable salary.
I think as basketball players, they're at right about the same level. Lowry might be a little better right now, but I think Lin has a higher ceiling. Also seems to have a better personality. But as far as business is concerned, Lin wins hands down. It almost doesn't matter what you pay him because Lin = so much $$$ from the Asian markets.

Quote:
Beats the hell out of giving you MLE to a player who will be 42 when his contract is over. Lemme guess. You guys want Jeffries back too huh? Knicks bench should be called man-opause. We have become the assisted living for the NBA.
I would take Jeffries back. He played well for us last year.

Quote:
So tired of the mentor excuse. This isnt big brother big sister. This isnt Boys n Girls club. Did Fisher mentor Westbrook? Did Battier mentor Lebron? No. Those guys leached onto a contender fora ride to the Finals.
The Thunder were raving about Fisher's leadership. Always in the center of the huddles. As far as anything specific to the position, Fisher was never your prototyical PG. He played well off the ball, and got his points from spot-ups. Nevertheless, they made the Finals, so it obviously didn't hurt. The Lebron-Battier comparison doesn't make sense. Lebron came into the league only a few years after Battier, and has always been better than him. And again, they just won the Championship (marching right through us along the way), so I don't think we're in much of a position to knock the Heat's personnel moves.

I think a good comparison would be Nash and Dragic. Dragic cut his teeth backing up Nash in Pheonix, and has now taken over the mantle as one of the league's more promising young points. If you don't think there's anything Kidd can teach Lin, I think you're nuts. Jason Kidd has forgotten more about basketball than Jeremy Lin has had time to learn yet.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote