Thread: Trade thoughts
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Trade thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
One thing I absolutely detest was what happened to Houston with TMac. Houston doctors pronounced him healthy and ready to play but TMac said no and took his sweet time to play again. Same thing happened with the Knicks with Stephon Marbury. I know I should have given them the benefit but atleast a "3rd professional opinion" should have been used in to settle it. Instead their respective teams were forced to pay them their full salary, I believe around 20 mil/yr while sitting on their butt.
Another option is that if a player missed 40% of the season due to injury, players should be paid on disability pay based on what is "reasonable" as an athlete, maybe atleast 30% of what they usually make.

I totally understand where you are coming from however it has been abused on the other side and because of this some athletes have died and had their careers ruined. 3rd party is no conclusive proof.....only you know how your body feels, doctors often cannot find the source of pain.
Paying an athlete less pay because he is injured is a horrible idea.....who is ever going to dive for a loose ball or really give 100% on defense if an injury will cut his pay??? It would severely damage the sport.
A decision has been made in all sports to err on the side of caution......this also avoids a ton of lawsuits.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote