View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers considering running Princeton-style offense

I found this very interesting. I personally think it definitely is a move in the right direction as far as teamwork is concerned, but I don't know if this team is built correctly for that sort of system. I know just the general things about the offense; I know it is a pass-first sort of offense. Everyone on the field gets involved in almost constant passing the ball until you find the open man. The only thing is that I don't know how it would work with two big men in the post area and Artest, who is VERY inconsistent 3pt shooter to say the least. Kobe is also streaky on his perimeter 3pt shooting. Nash is the only truly consistent perimeter shooter. Bynum doesn't have the range to step out into the high-post to shoot.

Thoughts?

Quote:
In addition to Nash manning the point, the Lakers' offense should look significantly different next season, as the team is contemplating running a Princeton-style offense and has been in contact with former Nets and Wizards coach Eddie Jordan to fill assistant Quin Snyder's place on the staff.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...cated-gym-rats
bladefd is online now   Reply With Quote