View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #651
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
This is really lazy of me but I've got a couple or three questions.

1. I this the type of game, even if I get totally consumed by it, will take a long time to beat? Like is it a game I could play for weeks and even months doing stuff?
Yes. Absolutely. This game has about 1000 things to do at a time, and you'll want to do all of them. Level up, collect armor, walk to every city, do side quests all day (side quests here are as good as some other games' main quests, especially thief and assassin's guild.

Quote:
2. What kind of game is it, exactly? I'm the type of person whose gaming consists of sports games 99.9% of the time. The only two non-sports games I've really gotten into since, like, the Super Nintendo and N64 days are GTA and RDR. I guess I've also gotten pretty into Fable 1 and 2, so it doesn't have to be a GTA or RDR type game to hold my interest.

It's a role playing game, so it will be slightly similar to Fable, but it's much deeper, much better graphics, and much bigger. You'll be levelling up your skills not through experience, but through using them. Ie: when you land a hit with your sword say for example 1000 times, you level up one handed weaponry by 1. This will make you spend a loooot of time doing alchemy to improve it, a lot of time casting spells on weak animals to improve your spell power etc.

Quote:

3. Didn't the first game come out in the 90s or something like that? Would I be totally lost if I bought Skyrim without ever playing any of the first four games?
The stories are completely independent. I know nothing at all before Oblivion, but everything is fine for me personally.

Quote:
I've heard a lot of good things about this game, but I want an idea of what I'd be getting before buying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgvuK_WLU0 This will give a brief overview. Generally machinima have very good and unbiased reviews.

PS. If you have the choice, buy it for PC. Obviously you'll need a good video card to run it, but if you can, PC all the way. It's about twice as big a game for PC because of all the mods.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote