View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Default Re: Raptors sign free-agent point guard John Lucas; re-sign Aaron Gray and Alan Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Anyone who thinks we don't have a playoff shot is kidding themselves. We have 2 legit 7 footers in the front court. No other team in the East and only one team in the West can make that boast. We have enough depth at the 1 spot that Jose Calderon who as much as many people hate him, they also admit he's a starter on a lot of teams, is gonna be coming off the bench. Fields is not worth what we are paying him but he's an upgrade from Kleiza. And I think a bench unit of
Calderon
Ross
Kleiza
Davis
Gray

is pretty solid if you ask me. We have a team that will definitely give it a run for the playoffs. My only issue at the current moment is the swingman spot. Derozan/Ross may not cut it.

I definitely appreciate your optimism. Sometimes this board confuses realism and pessimism.

You forgot Amir off the bench too , so the bench is looking pretty decent going into the season

I really think for the Raps to come close to 8, everything has to go right which include an over achieving season from Val and no injury to Bargnani. Also, like you said, the wings are still very weak. We really need to find a taken for Calerdon's expiring contract and get an upgrade wing back.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote